The 6th Annual Shanghai Craft Beer Festival is upon us again to celebrate and promote the ever-growing love of craft beer in China. This year, the festival is back with over 200 international and domestically prominent craft beer brands as well as amazing gourmet food offered by some of the top restaurant venues Shanghai has to offer. Situated on the Promenade walking street at The Place, Hong Qiao, the event runs from Saturday May 28 to Sunday May 29 from 12pm to 10pm both days.
The Place HQ on 100 Zunyi Road near Ziyun Road, is located 5 mins walk away from Lou Shan Guan Station off Line 2 and is a quick 15 min drive from Shanghai city centre. As always, we are offering the best craft beer lineup in Shanghai and amongst the headlining craft beers this year from overseas include:
- Little Creatures Pale Ale, a new but top selling pale ale in Australia
- Tuatara ’s Conehead Fresh Hop IPA New Zealand
- Epic Brewing’s Hop Zombie from New Zealand
- Bloodline Blood Orange Ale from Flying Dog Brewery USA
- Dragon’s Milk from New Holland Brewery in the USA
- Four Sisters Spring Bock from Baird Beer in Japan
- Bourbon County Stout from Goose Island
We are also proud to announce that joining Shanghai for the first time we’ll feature big international labels such as Firestone Walker, Ballast Point as well as some of the top domestic breweries in China such as:
- Beijing’s Great Leap Brewing will be pouring Liu the Brave Barrel Aged Stout Aged in The Arran Malt Scotch Whiskey Casks
- Boxing Cat Brewery will be serving our gold medal winning beer, Bourbon Barrel Aged King Louie Imperial Stout!
Gourmet food will be offered as always to feed the hungry legions during the festival! Expect gourmet beer pairing snacks such as:
- Spicy sausage and Beer and miso pork from Commune Social, an award-winning tapas restaurant and bar
- 5 gourmet hot dogs including Philly, Korean, Sichuan, Cheesy and Chili from Dog House, Shanghai’s hotdog master
- Smoked charsiu bao and hongshao carnitas bao from Baoism, a unique, fast casual F&B concept with a modern take on the traditional Chinese steamed buns
- Handmade corn dogs, tater tot nachos and pulled pork grilled cheese sandwiches from The Union Trading Company, an American style cocktail bar and eatery devoted to authenticity, quality service and a good time
- Crispy carnitas taquitos, Mexican street tacos and fresh festival tamales from Tepito, a newly opened Mexican restaurant specialised in authentic Mexican delicacies
- Gangnam bulgogi loco moco and House Cured Charcuterie Banh mi from Liquid Laundry, an award-winning New York-style gastropub and Brewery
- Beetroot & goat cheese burger and and bacon & cheese burger from Beef & Liberty, a modern homage to the original beefsteak clubs
- Boxing Cat Brewery, where we will be serving our Chef David’s Nonya’s Fried Chicken, Chori-Pan and popular spit-roast pig!
There will be 6 live bands over 2 days as well as DJs on two separate stages to provide the music for both days and selfie zone with tons of fun activities and photo props! A free 40 passenger shuttle bus will also offer free rides on the hour between the Place HQ and Boxing Cat Brewery’s Yong Fu Location all weekend from 12pm till 8pm.